Favorite Bookcase

Favorite Bookcase
My favorite bookcase—Gladys Taber, Elizabeth von Arnim, Rosamunde Pilcher, Elizabeth Goudge, Persephone, British Library Women Writers, Virago Classics and more!

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Reading Goals for 2024 🀩

My beautiful Emma Bridgewater mug from my dear friend, Carla ☺️πŸ’•

Helloooo, Friends! It's a little late in the month, but I would love to share my reading goals for 2024. Yay! πŸ₯³

As you may have guessed, I'm definitely a mood reader. But, I'm also a seasonal reader (is this my Gemini personality coming through?) AND a product (rather than process) type of person. So, I seem to make things very difficult for myself when trying to figure out what to read during the year. Just writing these words makes me feel exhausted πŸ˜‚

On top of all of that, I really want to read more books from my bookshelves. I tend to save the books I truly want to read "for later", like you might do with a favorite dessert or something. Why do I do this?? The fact is, it never ends up being "later" or the right time. At this rate, I'll have to read them when I'm a ghostly spirit (like the librarian at the NYC library in the Ghostbusters movie) πŸ˜±πŸ‘»πŸ“š

So, taking the advice of a lovely Bookstagram friend, Caro (@caro.reads.books), I'm going to read one book from each of my favorite collections each month for the entire year.

Unread Book Collections:

I have less than 12 unread books from each collection to read, so it should perfectly fit with the number of months in the year. Crossing my fingers!!🀞🏼

List of Authors to Read More of this Year:

  • O. Douglas (only read one so far...eek!)
  • D.E. Stevenson (so many to go, but I've read tons!)
  • Mary Stewart (buddy reads with @gina.stanyer.books - only a couple of her gothic/romances left to read!)
  • Margery Sharp (can't wait!)
  • Elizabeth von Arnim (buddy reads with @carosbookcase)
  • William Horwood (more budding reading with @carosbookcase!)
  • Jennifer Ryan (buddy reads with @marjoriepaper)
  • Elizabeth Goudge (with the @elizabethgoudgebookclub of course!)
  • Miss Read's Thrush Green series (with @bagfullofbooks group on IG!)
  • Molly Clavering (read a few, really liked them and I have at least 5 more to read) 

Plus, so many more! 🀣

My personal goals per day include:

  • 1 hour working on my knitting or crochet blanket/project
  • At least one French lesson using Duolingo
  • Face Yoga and Gua Sha
  • A drawing in my sketchbook or some type of artwork
  • Exercise 30-40 minutes
  • Gratitude Journal

These are things that I already do every single day, but I'd like to continue them. (Please don't think I'm wacky 😜) They're the things I do when I'm not working at World of Vegan, of course. 

I have a problem with trying to be TOO productive and I always wish they made planners for people to help them reduce the amount of productivity in their day - LOL! If only that was a thing. *sigh*

I'd love to know what your reading and/or personal goals are for this year! Please let me know in the comments below! 

Have a wonderful weekend and sending you so many hugs! *SQUISH* πŸ’•πŸŒΈπŸ€—πŸŒΈπŸ’•

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about all of your reading goals and personal goals for 2024! (You'd better believe I'll be typing "face yoga" into Google shortly. LOL) I'm so excited to share more buddy reads with you this year! As for my own goals... other than to survive my #56WeekswithNancyDrew endeavour, I don't have any new goals for this year. I want to write in my journal more, shouldn't be to hard to manage as vague a goal as that. πŸ˜‚ I also want to read more books from my shelves. I try to keep up with the rate at which they come into the house! Good luck with that, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Caro!!! You're much better than me about reading more books from your own library...lol...I need to do that more this year. Face yoga is awesome and I'm also using a rose quartz gua sha every night, too. Being over 50 is scary πŸ€ͺ You're doing such an amazing job with your #56WeekswithNancyDrew!!! πŸ₯°❤️

    ReplyDelete

Elizabeth Goudge Bookclub Inteview & My Personal Collection πŸ€©πŸŒŸπŸ’™πŸ¦‹

Hello Dear Friends, I'm so happy to have you back at my blog! I haven't updated in a while, but I wanted to share some lovely news! ...