Favorite Bookcase

Favorite Bookcase
My favorite bookcase—Gladys Taber, Elizabeth von Arnim, Rosamunde Pilcher, Elizabeth Goudge, Persephone, British Library Women Writers, Virago Classics and more!

Thursday, September 3, 2026

Kathleen Norris Book Collection! πŸ€©πŸ’™πŸ¦‹πŸ“˜

Happy Book Friend Friday, Friends! πŸ₯³ 

Today, I’m sharing my (current) Kathleen Norris Vintage Book Collection! 
πŸŽ‰

QUICK INFO ABOUT KATHLEEN NORRIS:

❀ Born: July 16, 1880 in San Francisco, CA
❀ Died: January 18th, 1966 at 85 years old

BOOK BIO:

 Wrote 91 books total
❀ 72 standalone books
❀ 7 short stories/novella
❀ 4 collections
❀ 1 play
❀ 7 non-fiction books   

NOTE: There is another Kathleen Norris (born on July 27, 1947 in Washington, D.C.) who is a poet, writer, and oblate of Assumption Abbey. This post is about the author Kathleen Thompson Norris.    

I adore my one π—¦π—œπ—šπ—‘π—˜π—— π—˜π——π—œπ—§π—œπ—’π—‘ of 'Mother' (no dust jacket)! I cannot believe I found an affordable copy (yay Ebay!) actually signed by the author herself! 😱 (Click on the photo to see it larger.)


I’ve only read 12 of her books so far, but I can’t wait to read more! (Just in case, you want to start at the beginning, here's a list of her books in order of publication and also here at Fantastic Fiction.)

WHY I LOVE HER BOOKS:
πŸ’™ The most appealing and descriptive details (especially of home, food and clothing)
πŸ’™ Wonderfully easy-to-read stories
πŸ’™ Usually happy endings 
πŸ’™ Unexpected and crazy twists
πŸ’™ Always has a little something that makes me think long after the I finished reading the book

STAR RATINGS: (Click on title for full review on Goodreads.)

Younger Sister 4.5🌟
The Lucky Lawrences 5🌟
Angel in the House 4.5🌟
Come Back to Me, Beloved 5🌟
Shining Windows 4.95🌟
Secret Marriage 4.5🌟
Mystery House 4🌟
Red Silence 4.25🌟
Wife for Sale 4🌟
Walls of Gold 3.75🌟
My Best Girl 4.5🌟
❊ Mary-Jo 4.25🌟 (a middle grade book!)


Don’t forget to check out Andrea’s (@sorrythankyou79) awesome collection! I’m always so excited for our vintage Kathleen Norris (along with other vintage authors) buddy reads!

I'm very grateful to Gina (@gina.stanyer.books) for giving me at least 20 of her mother’s Kathleen Norris book collection—it was one of the most thoughtful and generous gifts she's ever given me! 😭😍❤️

Also, endless thanks to my amazing friends—Andrea (@sorrythankyou79author) for gifting me at least 4 KN books and Marjorie (@marjorie.paper) for gifting me 3 books! I'm so lucky! πŸ₯° I've also been so happy to spread the love and share some of my duplicates with Caro (@carosbookcase), Andrea, Marjorie, and Jen (@jensreadinglife)!

Please comment with your favorite book cover in my collection! 😍

Have you read any of Kathleen Norris’ books? πŸ€” If so, let me know which ones!

I have a few more KN books on the way, so stay tuned! (I'll try and update this with more photos/ratings/reviews as time goes on...) 

Happy Friday! Have the most awesome weekend! πŸ’›πŸŒΌπŸ€—πŸŒΌπŸ’›

P.S. Much love to Gina S., Carla (@c.brown685) and Beth (@beth.bonini) for these gorgeous Emma Bridgewater mugs! πŸ’–πŸ’– 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kathleen Norris Book Collection! πŸ€©πŸ’™πŸ¦‹πŸ“˜

Happy Book Friend Friday, Friends!   πŸ₯³  Today, I’m sharing my (current)  Kathleen Norris Vintage Book Collection!  πŸŽ‰ QUICK INFO ABOUT KAT...